Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day + an open letter to my papa


Dad, I hate that we didn't get to spend time together this Father's Day.  Because I'm feeling overly sentimental and missing you, here's a small list of why I love you oh-so-much:

1.  Your laugh, when you're really truly laughing and not just being polite.  It's the best sound ever.

2.  You adopted me!  Why you adopted a bratty little kid like me is beyond my realm of comprehension.  You took me in and gave daddyhood all you had.  I'll always love and respect you for that.  This fact also leads me to...

3.  When people tell me I look just like you, we just look at each other, smile and say, "we get that a lot."  How you and I ended up with the exact same shade of blue-green eyes without being blood related is an eternal mystery to me.

4. The fact that you are by far the cheapest, most frugal man I've ever met, but you still always gave me everything I needed and most of everything I wanted, including not one but FOUR cars.

5.  You're my gym buddy!  So many friends, acquaintances, co-workers, etc have said, "I wish I could do yoga with my dad!"  Sweating on the elliptical, laughing at Larry King and trying to master the warrior poses, it's really been a blast hanging out with you, Dad.

I love you!
&
Happy Father's Day to all the amazing daddies out there! You know who you are!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! I want to meet your dad, he sounds so very cool and so very loving. How indeed lucky and blessed you are:) Just seeing his photo makes me feel like he has a warm heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful post. :) you are so blessed to have a such wonderful dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I have a yoga partner papa too and I love it :)

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete