Wednesday, September 7, 2011

keeping it Birkin


I've never seen this sweet photo of Jane Birkin before, 
but I just found it on Fiction Living today, one of my favorite blogs.
Great hair in this photo, all around.

I've always been smitten with Jane Birkin's casual, yet very stylish hair 
and have always tried to achieve a similar look. Whenever I visit my 
stylist/best friend in her salon to get my hair cut, she asks "are we keeping it Birkin?"
I smile and nod and secretly hope that I'll saunter out of that salon 
looking a little more like Janey.

7 comments:

  1. Is that Brigitte Bardot with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know! I was wondering the same thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I really want to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that is Brigitte Bardot. I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birkin is a perfect hair inspiration! I have very thick hair, so alas that's usually not an option for me. My stylist would ask me "are we keeping it Robert Plant?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo! I always think of the story of how she would carry around a basket as her purse. And how when the "Birkin" bag was designed she didn't like it and continued to use the basket rather than a purse she didn't like. She just seemed like a relaxed and casual individual - just like her gorgeous hair :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Brigitte Bardot! It was on the set of Don Juan 73 with Jane Birkin.

    ReplyDelete