Wednesday, September 26, 2012

when the rain starts to pour

This Friday, my best friend and stylist is going to have major
surgery, which will leave her immobile for roughly six months
will she recovers. Last week, she did my hair for the last time
and it was all I could do to not cry and mourn the loss of
"our time," i.e. the time when she spends an extra hour or
so on my hair, just so we have more time to gossip, 
swap make-up and hair tips, and vent about our 
jobs/men/perceived flaws/etc.

I usually keep things positive here on Milk,
but I wanted to bring this up so maybe you'll feel 
motivated to call a friend/loved one and tell 
them how much you love and appreciate them.
Hell, they might laugh at you, but then again, you
might make their day. The risk is totally
worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I hope your friend's surgery goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It did go well, so I'm super relieved!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to write Nana a letter.

    Best of luck to her. I hope the surgery goes well and her recovery is swift <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words.

      Delete